In our first year we have started a wide range of projects including –
- a Campaign for a new Bus Service to help reduce reliance on cars
- a survey of all Public Rights of Way in the parish and the creation of a Footpaths Group to help with maintenance
- being awarded a grant for tree planting
- starting a campaign to encourage everyone to reduce the amount of waste they produce.
- highlighting the potential for hydro-treated vegetable oil as a climate-friendly alternative to fossil fuels, and lobbying our local MP
Over the next few months we are hoping to start a project to help develop wildlife corridors and also carry out a carbon footprint survey.
If you have any other ideas, we’d love to hear from you. You can either use our Contact Us page, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or come along to one of our meetings.